Thursday, May 7, 2030
Today is National prayer day so please pray for the following:
1. Pray for a spiritual revival around the world.
2. Pray for unity within God’s churches.
3. Pray for Christian leaders to represent God well.
4. Pray for Leaders around the world to be selfless.
5. Pray for every ethnic group will be treated with respect whether they are poor, middle income or wealthy.
6. Pray a vaccine will be developed to prevent people from getting the coronavirus without side effects.
7. Pray for our government leaders, Federal, State and Local to function to serve the people well.
8. Pray for every nations to treat their citizens with love and respect.
9. Pray for protection for service providers (doctors, nurses, janitors, cooks)
10. Pray for a decrease in the number of coronavirus infections, deaths and sufferings.
11. Pray the pandemic will end.
12. Pray for people facing depression and anxiety.
13. Pray for unity between the different political parties.
14. Pray for businesses to have an opportunity to reopen when it’s safe.
15. Pray for Arm servicemen and law enforcements around the world.
16. Pray for God’s mercy and grace to prevail for us all around the world.
Matthew 21:1-11; Zechariah 9:9; Isaiah 62:11
Palm Sunday, May 5, 2020
Points to Ponder
- When Jesus sends you on a mission you must follow His detailed instruction (Matthew 21:1-3).
- Jesus had to fulfill the ancient of days biblical prophies as written in the Old Testament to reconcile us to God (Mathew 21:4-5, Zechariah 9:9, Isaiah 62:11).
- It’s very important to follow the instructions of Jesus and to make personal sacrifices for our savior (Mathew 21:6-8).
- Jesus has many ways of impacting peoples’ lives to deliver them from their destructive ways (Matthew 21:9-11).
Something to consider
Today we celebrate Palm Sunday because Jesus chose to come from heaven to sacrifice himself for the atonement of our sins. Jesus chose two of the 12 disciples to get the donkey and her colt. The disciples trusted Jesus’ strange requests and took the journey of faith. They returned with the donkey and her colt as requested.
They didn’t deviate from Jesus’s instruction. It was interesting Jesus didn’t want the donkey and her colt separated probably to keep the mother calm. Jesus is always concerned about situations which might have negative and positive impact in our lives. Jesus’ loves us it’s guaranteed his love will never perish.
We must love, support, help and encourage others during these difficult times for the glory of God as we celebrate Palm Sunday and Easter. Let’s have an amazing entrance into the lives others who don’t know Jesus.
He loves us and has given us a free will to make choices. Jesus constantly displays his love through us to others daily. We must remain in the world and sacrifice our lives assisting others for the glory of God.
The disciples and the peoples in Jerusalem saw his amazing love based on His past actions. Jesus was on his final journey before his life would be given up for the sins of the world. His purpose was to reconcile us to God Almighty.
We are on a journey everyday of our lives for the glory of God whether we believe it or not. We must aggressively pray for God intervention to strengthen us and empower us to trust Him during these difficult times in the world.
Let’s triumphally enter the lives of those needing assistance regardless of their social status. God wants us to work together for humanity and for the protection of our environment. Jesus wants to inter into your life today and every day. If you don’t know Christ. Please repent of your sin and accept Jesus as your personal savior and you shall be saved. He expects a tremendous change in your life. I encourage you to read and meditate on God’s Word and fellowship
(c) 2020 Billy J. Strawter, Sr
April 4, 2019
Lord, thanks for giving us your Word. Your Word is trustworthy and meaningful forever especially during the most difficult times in our lives. Do not allow fear of the coronavirus to consume us but give us wisdom to be safe and to follow the guidelines given to us.
Lord, help everyone that are suffering in various ways due to the virus. Please provide everything we need to fight against the virus to save lives. Please use men to develop a vaccine against the virus for the world. Please give them the knowledge to do it rapidly.
Lord, I prefer you to supernaturally destroy the coronavirus so it will never exist again. I know you are God and I trust you to help us through this pandemic. Lord, I know you empower peoples to accomplish your will wether they are believers or nonbelievers. Let your glory prevail because of your unconditional love for humanity throughout the world. In Jesus’ name, Amen. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾✝️✝️✝️✝️
By Billy J. Strawter, Sr
March 27, 2020
We must not fear but we must follow the guidelines as mentioned by the governor. Social distancing is critical to prevent the spread of the enemy, the coronavirus.
Michigan is now one of the fastest in the spread of the coronavirus. The Detroit areas have a major problem.
I hope everyone will pray for:
I. God’s mercy and grace.
2. An abundance of ventilators to be manufactured.
3. Sufficient masks for health care workers.
4. Assistance for those with less and for those loosing much, etc.
5. Manufacturers to step up and make an abundance of ventilators.
6. Unity between the States and the Federal Governments regarding equipment needs and financial needs.
7. Families and businesses struggling because of the businesses that are shutdown.
8. People to comply with social distancing.
9. Supernatural healing of those with the coronavirus.
10. An awesome vaccine for the coronavirus.
11. Leadership around the world to make wise decisions during these difficult times.
12. Peoples struggling to provide food for their family and money to pay their bills.
13. People who can’t see their love ones because of isolation.
Lastly, pray for our faith to increase and for others to come to know Christ.
Please stay educated about the evolving situation. I know it’s difficult to hear the bad news but we must stay informed to make right decisions. We must maintain hope. We need ventilators, doctors, services providers and other helpers to fight this battle.
God, please, please help us to fight this enemy trying to destroy your creation. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Advice to Teenagers
You must endure the remaining time you have on punishment at home. I encourage you to complete your homework which will improve your school work and grades. One month isn’t too long compared to the amount of time you could spend in a Juvenile Detention Center for truancy.
You violated your parents trust which will take time to rebuild. It appears you are more interested in getting off punishment verses reflecting on the wrong choices you made. Please apologize to your parents and make every effort to make right choices in the future. Your parents know you are not perfect. They want you to be successful in life. It’s not easy being a parent but we do our best to be responsible parents. We love our children unconditionally.
Your parents love you and they want the best for you. It’s important for you to re-establish your relationship with your parents. Take the time to be the a wonderful son your parents expect of you. One day you will get married and become a father and a wonderful role model for your children. Your parents are being great role models for you. I’m hopeful you will do the same in the future for your family.
Points to Ponder
- You must not allow your sins or others to influence you to make wrong choices (Ephesians 2:1-2).
- Stay focused on Jesus and He will give you the power to control your evil thoughts and desires to sin (Ephesians 2:3-6).
- Jesus is always available to shower you with His grace and kindness (Ephesians 2:7).
- Jesus is the only person with absolute power that can save you by His grace and not by your own works (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- God prepared you in advance to do good works for mankind. His purpose is for you to glorify His name through the services you provide to humanity (Ephesians 2:10).
Something to Consider
Making a change is very difficult when you are so accustomed to your own ways. Your own ways are so embedded in your heart and mind with selfish desires that they cloud your judgment. You sometimes become trapped with so many internal struggles that sometimes the struggles lead to undesirable consequences.
Every decision you make as a result of your sinful desires will place you in bondage, which could lead to greater sinful desires. When you accept Jesus into your heart, his grace and mercy provides you with strength to make a change. He knows that your negative experiences and wrong choices sometimes over shadow the good works you have accomplished.
Always remember, when you are struggling with relationships with family, friends, and coworkers, Jesus is available in your heart. Are you willing to make the changes necessary to be freed from your sinful desires?
Making a change should be your primary goal if you are disconnected from God and your family. God prepared you in advance to overcome your challenging habits, so start today in making positive changes in your life regardless of the condition of your heart. Jesus is the foundation of change so let Him be the Lord and Savior of your new life.”
Written By: Mr. Wisdom
(c) 2010 EnviCare Consulting, Inc.
Here’s John’s testimonial about refusing to let his stupid mistake ruin his life after attending a Keys to Success class (Anger Management). This story is about a young man from Saginaw, Michigan.
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have taught me so much. You have impacted my life. You showed me that I can rise above the bad choices I have made and that I can still be successful in life. You have helped me to realize that I am not a complete failure. I can live beyond my mistake. I refuse to let this one stupid mistake ruin the rest of my life.
You have showed me not to let people influence me negatively. I will only let people influence me positively. You have also taught me different strategies to control Mr. and Mrs. A.T. (Attitude and Temper). When I first came to the class, I had mixed emotions. I mostly was scared. But I thought you were going to be a big quack. Preaching at us about what we did wrong. Well I was completely wrong.
One thing, you are certainly not a quack. Plus you never preached to us. You gave us influential, easy, and practical information in a respectful, loving, and hysterically funny way. You made it fun and easy to understand. I have decided as you say “Invest wisely in your piggy back.” You were right. The more you invest wisely the more you will be able to retrieve from your piggy bank (brain).
“I am sick and tired of letting Mr. and Mrs. Attitude and Temper control my life and the way I think.”
I will accept your advice of taking control of Mr and Mrs. A.T., but also take the words yelling and screaming out of my vocabulary. The reason is because I am sick and tired of letting Mr. and Mrs. A.T. controlling my life and the way I think. Please keep on doing what you are doing. God has called you to do this. Thanks again, Love your friend, John.
John connected to his instructor because of the relationship that was built and the non-preaching attitude of the instructor. John realized during the class he needed a change to be successful. Now he knows that others care about him and that they can be a great influence in his life. He recognizes the need to invest wisely in his piggy bank if he’s to be successful and he will.
Parents, when you have a child that needs help with a behavior problem, find a person who can relate to your child. For example, there was a young man who parents sent him to a counselor for weeks and the son never made much progress in changing his behavior. The teen kept telling his parents, “I have not connected with my counselor.” He hated going to the counselor. He didn’t always tell the truth to the counselor, therefore it was difficult to make an accurate assessment.
As a result of not connecting with the counselor, the teen became resentful and allowed Mr. and Mrs. Attitude to take control. In order for a counselor to impact the behavior in a positive manner, the counselor must be able to connect, respect and relate to the child. The child also needs to relate to the counselor. If the counselor hasn’t connected with your child after several weeks, find someone who can relate to the child. When you identify a counselor, ask for references and contact them before you put your child’s future in that person’s hands.
Parents, you have a great responsibility to raise your children during difficult times. Stay encouraged because you have influential power over your children’s life. Sometimes you won’t recognize the positive effects due to the distractions of your children’s negative behavior. Enjoy life and keep doing well the things you are doing and change the things you need to improve. Let unconditional love be your guiding light as you relate, and respect your children in a hysterically funny way. Model the life skills you want your children to pass onto the next generation.
Smile and believe in your ability to transform the life of your family in a positive manner. Fill your hearts with amazing joy as you build a wonderful legacy for your family’s name.
Written by Mr Wisdom
(c) 2009 EnviCare Consulting, Inc.