This article was updated to include additional scriptures as well as an audio file. Please see link at the bottom of article.
L.O.V.E (Life Line, Obsession (passion), Victory, Enhances
(1 John 4:7-21, Luke 10:25-37, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7)
Points to Ponder
- You should always be prepared to respond to an unexpected question regarding eternal life (Luke 10:25-26).
- Jesus expects you to love God with your heart, soul, strength and mind and to love your family and neighbors as you love yourself (Luke 10: 27).
- There are people who will not show you love nor respect but will take advantage of you (Luke 10:28-30).
- There are religious leaders and fellow believers that will see you drowning in misery and will not show you love (Luke 10:31-32).
- Jesus expects us to show love to our neighbor regardless of their condition or position (Luke 10:33-35).
- There are times when you must show love by utilizing your time and financial resources to help a family member, friend or stranger (Luke 10:36-35).
- Jesus wants you and your family to be a good neighbor to those needing love and mercy. (Luke 36-37)
- Love is unselfish, unconditional and always seeking to help others (1Corinthians 13:4-7).
Something to Consider
“Love is a very powerful word but many of us take it for granted. Jesus explained to an expert of the Jewish Law what it took to inherit eternal life. These simple scriptures truly define our priority as love relates to God and others. The only way we can truly give love and accept love is to be bound by these following words. Jesus tells us we must love God with our 1. Heart, 2. Soul, 3. Strength, 4. Mind and 5. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Our heart is the key to supplying nutrients throughout our body which is essential for our survival. The soul is our life-line that returns to God. Our strength helps us to give love and our mind helps us to stay focus on Christ’s love. Our neighbor could be anyone, your friend, boss, stranger, church family, next door neighbor and someone who has hurt you knowingly or unknowingly.
These simple words are the key to love. If we truly love God, we should show our love as Christ extended his love to everyone. Jesus is always available to show His Father’s love so others might come to know Him. The world would be a better place to live if we follow God’s truths. We must drown ourselves in God’s gift of love so it might overflow to the lives of others. If you feel, you are not being loved, express your feelings to God. He will give you the desires of your heart.
God is love and you are a benefactor of that love through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. You will find true love when you love God with all your heart, soul, strength & mind. God’s love is patient, kind, protects, trusts, hopes, perseveres, rejoices with the truth, not easily angered, never fails, does not envy, does not boast, it’s not proud, not rude, not self-seeking, & does not keep record of wrongs. As a child of God, you must show his love daily and your heart will be content. Avoid debating with people who don’t agree with your faith. You should love them too with your heart.
Written by: Mr. Wisdom
(c) 2010 EnviCare Consulting Inc.