Points to Ponder
- When you fail to respond to God, He will give you another opportunity to obey (Jonah 3:1-2).
- You must respond to God when he gives you a second chance to make things right (Jonah 3:3).
- You must present the Word of God accurately to those individuals that need to repent (Jonah 2:4).
- You must repent if you receive a message from God’s servant about your wickedness (Jonah 3:6-7).
- A leader must set the standard in encouraging people to change from their evil ways and explain the reasons the changes must occur (Jonah 3:8-9).
- When you repent and turn from your evil ways, God will give you another chance by not allowing destruction to come upon you. (Jonah 3:10).
Something to Consider
God is very compassionate, merciful and understands your weaknesses. He will never send you on a mission without equipping you with the tools you need to complete the task. Sometimes God will send you on a journey to reach individuals you hate or strongly dislike.
You might not respond because of your anger toward them. They are important to God and you must take the gospel to them. If you refuse to listen, God will send a raging storm to get your attention. The purpose of the storm is to give you a second chance to respond God’s way.
God knows the pain and hurt individuals have caused you in the past. He knows about all the wrong choices you have made too. God looks upon the heart and understands when an individual is ready to repent. People need a messenger to let them know of God’s anger and destruction that is coming against them because of their evil ways unless they repent.
Don’t miss the second chance God has given you to repent or reach out to others. Be encouraged because Jesus is always with you. Let mercy, grace and love follow you all the days of your life. People need you to make a difference in their lives.
Written by: Mr. Wisdom
(c) 2010 EnviCare Consulting, Inc. All Rights Reserved world wide