This article describes how parents felt after attending a life skills workshop. They shared their perspectives on changes they needed to make in regard to their relationship with their children. or especially the teenager. Hopefully, this information will be absolutely beneficial as you work to bring stability to your household. Every family is unique but faces similar issues. How you respond to those issues can lead to a fantastic outcome or a night mare. It’s up to you to make the right choice regardless of your situation. The parents that attended the life skills workshop recognized the changes they needed to implement in their household. If you can identify with their comments, please consider making the appropriate changes in your life and feel good about the decisions you are doing to motivate and encourage your children to be successful.
What did you learn from Importance of Family: How to Connect Workshop?
- I learned to listen; communicate with my child whether than yell at them!
- To listen to my child more.
- I learned a lot about myself on how I need to become firmer as a parent, need to become consistent with my discipline and follow through.
- I learned how to handle situations that I will come across with my kids in a more appropriate way instead of yelling and being negative.
- To trust in myself and be confident and strong after being disabled. I had lost a lot of confidence but I have the same brain just not the same body.
- To stop and think before I react to the child and that all opinions are important.
- I feel I learned how to not only be a better parent but to be a better person.
- To take time and listen to my children, and to be consistent with punishment. Try not to yell when they have done wrong.
- I learned that to argue with a child isn’t going to solve a problem. It taught me that being open-minded goes a long way and helps to understand a child more.
- How to communicate without negativity.
- I learned how to speak better with my children and the need to spend more time with them and the listen more.
- To listen, not overreact and to think positive and instill positive thoughts.
- To be a better parent, how to communicate with my child without yelling. Let my child communicate their feelings, and emotions. I need to better my relationship with my child.
What will you do differently as a result of the Importance of Family: How to Connect Workshop?
- Stop yelling at them!
- Have more family time.
- I will be a better listener
- I will be more positive towards the way I communicate with my kids and not yell as much.
- We will communicate better, take the yelling out, talk and earn his trust back.
- To calm down listen more and give more praise.
- How I handle disciplining situations.
- Listen more to what they say and have more family time.
- I will change the way I handle bad situations by taking a breather then discuss the problem.
- Stop my yelling, swearing and try to communicate more with my son.
- I will try to be a better parent, person and so as much as possible to help my child.
- I hope to make more time for family and respect my daughter’s decisions and opinions.
Article by: Billy J. Strawter, Sr.
© 2012 EnviCare Consulting, Inc. All Rights Reserved Worldwide